Our Companionship Services goals are to keep clients engaged and active, and allow them to be as safe and independent as possible. We bring mental and physical interactions designed to promote good health and a positive outlook about this stage of life.
Fellowship, encouragement and emotional support are always important when helping someone who is no longer in the mainstream and may feel forgotten and even neglected. Just having someone to be present, chat or enjoy an activity with can change a client’s overall outlook and promote renewed interest in the world in general.
For many children of seniors, the question arises of just how safe staying at home alone has become. With a professional companion visiting regularly, any deterioration of ability or household maintenance situations are monitored. Assistance in many areas of grooming, cooking and light cleaning can be provided, all geared toward becoming a trusted helpmate.
Clients often enjoy having our companions accompany them on visits to friends or social events outside the home. This can be combined with LightWay’s Transportation Services from our trained and trusted team members.
Companionship Services are indeed varied in nature and can be customized to fit the needs of the client and their families. Some of the activities we offer are:
- Meal supervision and monitoring nutritional needs
- Reminders for medications and medical appointments
- Incontinent care
- Monitoring overall household cleanliness and safety issues
- Screening unsolicited visitors or callers
- Walking outside or inside for exercise
- Assistance in safely moving from room to room
- Providing company for family or social outings
- Letter writing and correspondence
- Creative outlets such as crafts, games or scrapbooking
- Conversations about books, movies, current or historical events
- Reporting status and changes to family